About Me

Louisiana, United States
My husband and I have two children. Our son was born in South Korea. He is 5 years old. We were blessed with being matched with our daughter in August. Terry works at an instrumentation distributor in Baton Rouge. I teach special education at Dutchtown High. We enjoy spending time with family and friends and are aware of the blessings we have been given.

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Week of Milestones



Not only do we have a new addition to our family, but also Lee has started Kindergarten.  His first day was last Friday.  Of course, I was sad to see my baby old enough to go to school.  I am forced to realize he is growing up.  I have dreaded this moment for months.  We see the bus coming and I thought he may say something like "Mama, I am not ready" or "Can you bring me in the car" but no!  He doesn't even look back as he enters the bus.  Part of me was super proud of his independence and bravery, but another part of me wanted him to still depend on Mama.  Other than him getting lost the first day because an adult wasn't at the bus to show the newcomers where to go, he loves it.  His favorite part of the day is lunch.  I think he thinks he is at a restaurant.  I was surprised to hear how much he liked lunch because he's such a picky eater.
Anyway, here are some pictures of his first day.  

No comments: