About Me

Louisiana, United States
My husband and I have two children. Our son was born in South Korea. He is 5 years old. We were blessed with being matched with our daughter in August. Terry works at an instrumentation distributor in Baton Rouge. I teach special education at Dutchtown High. We enjoy spending time with family and friends and are aware of the blessings we have been given.

Blog Archive

Monday, August 11, 2008

Coming clean





I know I have been secretive about what has been going on but I promise I had good reason.  Many of you know we having been waiting 3 years to adopt a baby from China.  There are many things going on with the Chinese program that has increased the wait times.  While waiting, we were waiting we were presented with a possible domestic adoption.  The birthparents are Asian.  We had several factors we had to work out but as luck would have it- everything worked out in our favor.  Yesterday we met our daughter for the first time.  She has been home for a little over 24 hours and we are absolutely in love! She was born on August 5th.  She weighed a little over 6 lbs and is 18 3/4 inches long.  Lee has been an absolutely amazing big brother- let's all keep our fingers crossed that this continues.  

For those of you who made this possible (and you know who you are) words cannot express our appreciation,  without you we would never know this precious child who is now our daughter.  


5 comments:

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures! Congratulations, and just enjoy her...

Anonymous said...

I was so thrilled to hear the news about your new baby girl. You have been waiting such a long time, but now I'm sure the wait was worth it all. Lee seemed so happy at school when we asked him about her. She is precious and you are all lucky to have each other.

lil_belle said...

OH AMY!!!! I am so thrilled for all of you! jana

Anonymous said...

Your joy is shared...and brings back memories. Jennifer

late nite reader said...

why did you take a picture of that beautiful baby with dionne's freckly arm????

congratulations. i can't wait to meet her.